Monday, November 8, 2010

Cards using Viva Decor Precious Metal Paints.

Back in September, the Darkroom Door CT girls and I were given the task to create something using the Precious Metal colours from their new Viva Decor paint range. I chose to make some cards!

Here's the first one:


For my background I painted a piece of chipboard with Golden Green Precious Metal Colour. Once dry, I stamped the DD Floral Background Stamp in black ink and heat embossed it using black embossing powder. I then added some more Golden Green paint over the top, and wiped off the excess from the embossed layer with a baby wipe. Once dry, I inked around the edges with black ink.


Some lace, white brads, and a black and white image from the Full bloom montage sheet were adde to complete the card front. The base is Raven Bazzill cardstock.

Here is the 2nd one:


My background is a piece of chipboard that was painted with Lilac Precious Metal Colour. I then stamped the DD French Script Background with white ink and embossed with white embossing powder.

Next I adhered a piece of a paper doily to the corners, and then distressed the edges of the cardstock before adhering it to the "Raisin" Bazzill cardstock base. The tag is a paper mache tag (available from Lincraft / Spotlight etc). I threaded the tag with some twine.



"Thank You" is written in chipboard letters which I painted with the Lilac Precious Metal Colour paint. These alphas were raw before I painted them, but using paint on any of your coloured alphas is a great way to jazz them up and tie them into your project!

The Viva Decor paints are so nice to work with - these precious metal colours are so smooth and have such a lovely shimmer! They dry really fast too - and they're safe for scrapbooks.

If you'd like to see what the other Creative Team girls did with their precious metal colours, check out this post on the Darkroom Door blog.

Thanks for looking!

~Sarah~

1 comment:

Cynthia Schelzig,Cynnie said...

Gorgeous colors and great designs on both....