Saturday, November 6, 2010

A Shabby Chic Christmas Card.

This month's theme over at Inkurable Stampers is SHABBY CHIC CHRISTMAS!

The challenge is to create a Christmas project (card, ATC, decoration, gift box, etc) using the Shabby Chic style.

For my example I created a Christmas card:


You'll have to excuse the dodgy pics - they were taken inside at night so it was hard getting the colours right.


Here's how I made it:

I started with a dusty pink coloured paper for the background, and stamped a damask background stamp (from Stampotique) on the lower section using Victorian Velvet Distress ink. I inked around the edges of the paper using the same ink and a foam blending tool. I then tore some sheet music into a strip, and inked it with Antique Linen Distress ink and adhered it across the bottom of the background. I added some lace across the top of the sheet music.


Here is a close up:


I tore a section out of the top of the background, and inked the torn edges with Antique Linen Distress Ink. I then adhered some sheet music (that had been inked with Antique Linen) behind the tear. The greeting (Kaisercraft) was stamped onto some cream Basic Grey patterned paper with Timber Brown Stazon ink, then cut out. I inked around the edges with Victorian Velvet Distress ink, and adhered the greeting over the tear.


To make the Christmas Tree, I stamped the Kaisercraft Doily stamp onto dusty pink paper with white ink, and then heat embossed with white embossing powder. I cut out a tree shape, and then inked over the embossed image (which acted as a resist) with Victorian Velvet distress ink, and Vintage Photo Distress ink for the edges. It is mounted onto the card front using foam mounting tape. The "star" is a prima flower with a Kaisercraft Pearl in the centre, and the tree trunk is a piece of dark brown Bazzill cardstock.

The deers (from Crafty Individuals) were stamped on last using Timber Brown Stazon. The card base is made from dark from Bazzill cardstock.

If you'd like to join in on the challenge for your chance to win one of the fabulous prizes on offer from the sponsors, then pop over to Inkurable Stampers and check out the challenge details!

See you there!

~Sarah~

2 comments:

jenny said...

Just gorgeous Sarah...so love shabby chic...and your doily christmas tree...

Jenny x

Nancy Maxwell James said...

oh I love this Sarah! gorgeous card and what a great theme!