Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Christmas Mail Art!

I've got quite a few hand made Christmas cards to send out this year, so I thought I'd make some Mail Art envelopes to send them in!

After a few duds (I worked out the hard way that the envelopes I have don't like getting wet whilst distress inking! LOL!) I came up with these:


I just used plain envelopes that you get in a pack of 100 - this type is kind of thin, so doesn't stand up to too much inking etc, so I went with a pretty basic design.

Here is a close up:


I used stamps from the Darkroom Door "Yuletide Vol 2" and "Christmas Reindeer" stamp sets which I stamped using Barn Door, Shabby Shutters, and Peeled Paint Distress Inks. I also sponged ink around the edges of the envelopes.


A fun way to jazz up your envelopes - guaranteed to bring a smile to the recipient's face!


I didn't take a pic, but I stamped the backs of the envelopes repeatedly until fully covered with the christmas script stamp from the Christmas Reindeer stamp set.


They'll look even better once the postage stamps and addresses have been added!

I've made a few more different ones, so keep an eye out for them here on the blog. :)

Thanks for stopping by!

~Sarah~

3 comments:

Miek said...

great classic chrismas collours

laury55 said...

fantastic...love the combination of colors and stamps you used Sarah

Vicky said...

Very festive :)