Tuesday, December 7, 2010

One layer wonder.

My challenge over at Inkurable Stampers this month is to create a card using only one layer of stamping.

I created a Christmas card as my example:



My stamped layer began with a piece of white Basic Grey patterned paper. I stamped the Darkroom Door Flourish Background stamp onto it using Shabby Shutters Distress Ink, and then inked around the edges using the same colour and my TH Ink blending tool.

Next I stamped the flying Reindeer (from the Darkroom Door "Reindeer" stamp set) 3 times directly over the flourish background using Timber Brown Stazon. I added a red brad for Rudolph's nose.


Next I stamped the phrase "Santa Claus is Coming To Town" (from the Darkroom Door "Yuletide Vol 2" stamp set) in the bottom right hand corner using Barn Door Distress ink.

I inked around the layer using Walnut Stain Distress ink, and then adhered my stamped layer to the Bazzill cardstock card base.


So there you have it! A quick and simple Christmas card design that can easily be replicated if you need to make lots of them in one sitting!

If you'd like to play along with this month's One Layer Wonder challenge (due midnight Jan 4th 2011) check out the details here. There are 3 prizes up for grabs, and there is a prize every month especially for new players, so if you haven't entered a challenge at Inkurable before you have a great chance of scoring something awesome from one of our sponsors. :)

Stay inky!

~Sarah~

3 comments:

jenny said...

Gorgeous Christmassy card Sarah... just love those reindeers... sounds like a fun challenge too :)))

Jenny x

Michelle said...

way too cute. Love the Rudolph nose. Got to show Amy these ones.

Vicky said...

Gorgeous card, Sarah, great colours too :)