Monday, December 6, 2010

'Tis the season!

Hello everyone!

Can you believe it's December already? I don't know where the time goes! This year has just flown by. I can't believe it's been almost a month since I've blogged here! Well, I've got lots to share, so I'll be playing catch up over the next week or so, so stay tuned. :)

Today I want to share a Christmas card that I made yesterday where I used the new Darkroom Door Flourish Background Stamp to create some Christmas baubles - here it is:


The base card is made from Bazzill cardstock. The background paper is from Kaisercraft and I inked around the edges using Victorian Velvet Distress ink. At the top I stamped a Christmas tree branch using a stamp from the Darkroom Door Yuletide Vol 2 stamp set in Shabby Shutters distress ink. The 'Tis the Season" sentiment comes from the same stamp set. It was stamped using Timber Brown Stazon ink.


The baubles were made by die-cutting some circles out of My Mind's Eye patterned paper (using my nestabilities shapes). I stamped them with the Darkroom Door  Flourish Background stamp using Versamark ink and embossed with silver embossing powder. I then inked around the edges of the circles with my ink blending tool and Victorian Velvet Distress ink.


To create the hanging part of the bauble, I hand drew the shape onto some silver paper, cut it out, and then punched a hole with my crop-a-dile. I glued it to the back of the bauble, and threaded some silver cord through the hole. Two of the baubles were glued straight down onto the background, and the frontmost bauble was mounted using foam mounting tape.

I'm loving the new DD Flourish Background stamp! It's soooo pretty - and looks great embossed like this. It would also look great if you used flocking instead of the embossing powder - or even glitter!

I love using pink and lime green as a Christmas colour combination - what's your favourite Chrissy colour scheme?

~Sarah~

6 comments:

jenny said...

Such a sweet card Sarah... love those baubles... and I also love lime green and pink at Christmas... it has often been my color theme for the festive season... however this year I'm doing silver and glittery white just for a change :)))

Jenny x

Chloe :-) said...

I loooovvvveeee this Sarah!!! My fav colour scheme for Christmas is PINK with teal and maybe a dash of silver ;-)

Cynthia Schelzig,Cynnie said...

Great card,,,love the detail shot on the baubles too.

Nancy Maxwell James said...

Sarah
your card is STUNNING! what gorgeous detail on each of the ornaments and wonderful composition! beautiful work!

Vicky said...

Your baubles look awesome!!! (bet you don't hear that every day LOL)
I've had the flourish stamp for a couple of weeks, but have not had a chance to have a play yet, now I'll HAVE to, it looks gorgeous, & what a clever way to use it :)

Sandra said...

very pretty!
Thanks for sharing.
Sandra