Saturday, January 22, 2011

Happy New Year! I have some exciting news!

Hi everyone!

I know it's a bit late, but Happy New Year! I hope you've all had a lovely Christmas and new year break. It's still school holidays here, so a bit hard to get anything done with both kids home. But I have been busy creating new classes for 2011 which is where my exciting news comes in!

As you may know by now, Erina Scrapbook Store (where I work) is closing down. Sad to see another store close it's doors, but it's exciting because my boss is expecting her first baby, and she and her husband will be enjoying a new phase in their life!

However, where one door closes, another one opens! The other teachers at the store and I have started our own venture - teaching classes at a local neighbourhood centre and we've called ourselves "Scissors, Paper, Ink"!


I'll be doing one class a month with SPI, and the details of my first class in March have just been posted over on our blog! Here's a sneak peek of what we'll be creating:


In the class we'll make a set of 4 cards, with lots of stamping and inking! Don't worry if you don't live locally - there will be kits available for you to purchase to create at home. For full details and pricing, click here.

Now, as if that wasn't exciting enough, I have some more news!! I've been busting to share this news for ages, and now I can!

I am pleased to announce that I have been given a teaching position at Pages 2 Scrap!


Pages 2 Scrap is a scrapbooking store in Tuggerah here on the Central Coast. They have a blog here. It's a huge store, with a great classroom, great people, and lots of gorgeous supplies (and my favourite part - a fenced off area for your kids so you can shop in peace! LOL!) and I'm really excited about joining the team!

My classes start in February, and they samples are in store now for you to check out! But of course, I'm going to give you a sneak peek here!

Pearlised Resist Cards Class - $28.00.

Saturday 12th February 2011 - 10:30am - 12:30pm.
OR
Tuesday 15th February 2011 - 10:30am - 12:30pm.


Lots of stamping and inking in this one! We'll create a set of 4 cards.


Shabby Chic Cards Class - $28.00.

Thursday 24th February 2011 - 10:30am - 12:30pm.
OR
Saturday 26th February 2011 - 12pm - 2pm.


No stamping this time, but we'll be using Distress Inks, and lovely paper from the Pink Paislee Parisian Anthology range.

If you're interested in attending one of these 2 classes, please call Pages2Scrap on 1300 664 228 to book!

Well that's it from me for today!

Have a great weekend!

~Sarah~

9 comments:

Fiona said...

OM Goodness Sarah :) Massive congratulations coming your way with loads of hugs and best wishes thrown in! You will be soooo busy this year! Best of luck with your exciting new adventures :)
Fiona
xx

Robyn said...

Fantastic news Sarah! Congratulations to you, your students are very lucky you are continuing to teach. You are going to be a very busy girl :)

SkrapPrincess said...

Congratulations on all your new ventures, it's going to be a creative year. All the best!

jenny said...

Huge Congrats Sarah...wonderful and exciting news :))) So thrilled for you... love hearing about new ventures... wishing all the very best...

Jenny x

Mim said...

Fantastic! Wish I lived closer and I'd be there, with bells on. Hope it all goes well for you!

shirley said...

Congrats Sarah!
Hope to take a class.

Michelle said...

Excellent. Congrats. lots of good news. Good luck with the new ventures.

Sue McGettigan said...

Congratulations on the great news, and some very gorgeous projects!!

Vicky said...

Wow, Sarah, it's all happening!! Congratulations on your new venture, the sample pics look gorgeous :)