Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A Card and a Bookmark!

Hello again!

I've been creating a few bits and bobs lately in between samples for classes, so I thought I'd share them with you!

I bought some new Ranger Alcohol Inks colours for a class I'm teaching in March, so while I had them out I created a "polished stone" background for a quick card. Here it is:


The colours I used for the background were Citrus, Sunset Orange, and Purple Twilight - all from the "Brights" range. To create the background I used my ink applicator tool with all three inks plus the blending solution, dabbed onto white gloss cardstock.

Here is a close up:


The stamps I used were from the Darkroom Door "Artist" stamp set. I stamped them onto the gloss cardstock using Jet Black Archival Ink.

The squares are actually much closer together in the stamp set, however I cut around them individually so I could spread them out a bit, or use them individually if I wanted to. I used only one cut between each square so that if I ever want to stamp them close together again, all I have to do is piece it together like a jigsaw puzzle.

I inked around the edges of the gloss cardstock with black ink, placed a black brad in each corner, and mounted the background onto a black Bazzill cardstock base. Too easy!

I also made another bookmark, and this time I've used a bunch of new Tim Holtz clear stamps that I bought recently. Here's the front:


I started with a plain white piece of cardstock (2x7") which I inked using Vintage Photo and Scattered Straw Distress inks. I then stamped different stamps by Tim Holtz on the background in Barn Door and Rusty Hinge Distress Inks. I stamped other Tim Holtz images and the quotes over the top using Jet black Archival ink, and the inked around the edges using a sponge dauber.

Here is the back:


Both sides were stuck to a piece of black bazzill cardstock. I punched a hole at the top with my Cropadile, and threaded some red satin ribbon through.

Here are some close ups:



Lots of layers of stamps and ink = lots of fun!!

If you love bookmarks, then you should enter my current Bookmarks challenge over at Inkurable Stampers! The deadline is midnight 12th March, so you still have plenty of time to get an entry in! There has been lots of awesome entries so far - and we'd all love to see more! :)

~Sarah~

6 comments:

Dawn said...

Really, really cool!!!

Dawn said...

Lovely work, I am a big lover of alcohol inks to ;0)

Love Dawn xx

Nancy Maxwell James said...

these are all beautiful Sarah! Love the backgrounds and the stamps you used for the projects are amazing! Happy Sunday to you m'dear! :)

Michelle said...

Awesome, love them. I've never used Alcohol Inks before can you believe? I need to catch up ;-)

Lita said...

Love these - especially that bookmark, looks fab!

StampDancer said...

I really love this bookmark! And I have to find that Tim set with the flying birds! Nice job!