Wednesday, March 9, 2011

She Art Girl #3.....

.......who is technically She Art Girl #2. You see, as I mentioned in my last post, She was Girl #2 from the course, but I finished her last, so now she's #3! LOL! Confused yet?

Anyway, she is my favourite - lots of stamping, my fave colour combo, a bit on the dark side, very "me":


The paper I used for her dress pieces is from Basic Grey. I've had it in my stash for years so it was nice to be able to find something to use it for!

Here is a close up:


I'm much happier with the hair on this one too. ;)

The butterfly wings are from a butterfly in this Darkroom Door stamp set. Her belt is made from German Scrap, and the rub ons are from Daisy D's and Kaisercraft.


Lots and lots of stamping this time around - I have used stamps from Darkroom Door, Stampotique, and Tim Holtz.


One of my favourite parts is the gothic book text in the background. I'm kinda sad though, because someone gifted it to me, and now I have none left! LOL!!

Well that's it from me for tonight! Week 2 of the course has already started, so I'll be back sometime in the next week to share my latest projects! :)

If you'd like to join in on the fun of the She Art Workshop, check out the details here. So. Much. Fun.

~Sarah~

14 comments:

Wax Beach Artist said...

I love the looks of her. She looks like she is in Eric's lair! Connie :)

shirley said...

This is SOOOO COOL Sarah!
Love all the She Art Girls you created.
Think I will look into joining up for the April classes.

Robyn said...

I love what you are doing in this class Sarah! I especially love this latest lady although the pantaloons on the second one are cute. The colours and textures are amazing and I bet they are even better IRL.

jenny said...

Ooooh so gorgeous Sarah... I love all your She Art Girls but this one is my fave... love her crown and the colors... very dark side... fabulous... Christy's class is just the best... I am having so much fun too...

Hugs
Jenny x

Minxy said...

She is absolutely stunning, love everything about this piece :D

laury55 said...

gorgeous Sarah...so many details to look at, love that piece of art

OfficeTYPE said...

She's lovely! Love your She Art girls. I'm taking Christy's class as well and enjoying it so much. It's one of the best I've taken!

Emily P said...

wow wow wow.. that is just awesome! i love it.
the more mixed media art i see the more i want to give it a go!!

Godelieve said...

I've been looking at this beauty in my google reader several times, but I just have to tell you how gorgeous it is!!

Queen Of Toys said...

Never been here before and I do have to say she is stunning I loooovvvveee her.

Thanks for sharing.

Vicky said...

They are all gorgeous, Sarah, but I can see why she would be your favourite :) Very you!

Marjie K said...

Love your piece! All the stamping adds such great layers and the lady is delightful!

Marjie K said...

Love your piece! All the stamping adds such interesting layers over the paint, and the girl is fantastic in her own right!

Sue McGettigan said...

Love this one so much - I've been hoarding the last of that Basic Grey paper forever, this is a very worthy use of the precious paper (precious, say it just like Gollum :)