Sunday, August 28, 2011

Orange, Black, and White ATC's.

Recently I hosted an ATC swap at Inkurable Stampers for it's 3rd Birthday. The theme was the Inkurable colours - orange, black, and white. We had people join in from all over the world!

Here are the 2 different ATC's I made for the swap:


For this one I used stamps from Darkroom Door, Stampotique, and Martha Stewart. The background features Gothic book text, Distress ink, and Alcohol ink splatters.


This time I used stamps from Stampotique, Darkroom Door, and I think the cat was a Hero Arts one.

All the ATC's in the swap were awesome - you can check out the whole collection here.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

~Sarah~

Saturday, August 27, 2011

My new pen...

I saw a pen the other day and I just had to have it. Check it out:


$18 later and it was mine.

Here it is in all it's glory:


So awesome.

Goes so well with my favourite handbag.

~Sarah~

Friday, August 19, 2011

Steampunk Baby Card.

Recently I've been playing with the new Wordblock stamps from Darkroom Door. One of my favourite creations was this Steampunk inspired baby card:


Darkroom Door Products used:

* Baby Wordblock stamp.
* Little Dreams stamp set.
* Steampunk stamp set (the top hat and the cogs).
* Scratches Background stamp.
* Alphabet Medley stamp set.
* Small & Large Manilla Tag.
* Distress Ink -Tattered Rose, Victorian Velvet.

I created the background by sanding gloss cardstock, sponging with Tattered Rose Distress ink, and then stamping the scratches background stamp with Victorian Velvet Distress ink. I then stamped the baby wordblock stamp onto the background with Old Rose Versacolor ink, and added some vintage look lace.



I stamped "Girl" onto a small manila tag with the Alphabet stamps, and the "Little" and "Baby" comes from the wordblock stamp. To avoid getting the placement wrong, I actually cut those words out of the wordblock stamp and stamped them individually. Don't worry - I cut them with one line so that I can slot them back in when I need to use it as a full stamp again! The tag was then sponged with Tattered Rose distress ink and threaded with a dusty pink ribbon and mounted to the card with foam tape.


I stamped the lay and the hat onto a large manilla tag and sponged them with the tattered rose distress ink. They were cut out, and edged with Vintage Photo Distress ink. I then stamped the cogs from the Steampunk stamp set onto the lady's body with Timber Brown Stazon. To finish, I added some raw chipboard cogs from Twiddleybitz - LOVE these!!

I'll sare the other cards I created here soon - but if you want to check them out now you can see them on the Darkroom Door blog here. While you're there, leave a comment for your chance to win a Wordblock stamp of your choice!

~Sarah~