Saturday, December 29, 2012

A Jar Full of Happiness!

Hello everyone! I hope you all had a fabulous Christmas and a few days to relax and unwind. :)

With the new year fast approaching, talk has started about things like Project Life or Project 365 etc where you chronicle your whole year either daily, weekly, or monthly using scrapbook pages or photographs etc. I find these types of projects a little too time consuming and I never have enough time or patience to follow them through!

When I saw a friend post the following picture on her Facebook page just before Christmas, I knew I wanted to do this instead:


Such a cool idea! We should all focus more on the good stuff in our lives instead of the bad stuff. So much more achievable than the other yearly challenges around - i.e it doesn't have to be every day, and it's quick and easy - just scribble down some happiness, maybe a date and time, then fold it up and whack it in the jar! Too easy!

Imagine the possibilities - you could add movie tickets, other ticket stubs, a receipt for something awesome you bought - anything that makes you happy!

It also makes an awesome inexpensive gift! I made up a jar for each of my sisters for Christmas - here they are:


I bought the jars from Hot Dollar. A pack of bright post-it notes and a funky pen went inside. I created the labels with some Stickyback Canvas. I sprayed them with Dylusions sprays, used some stencils, and some Tim Holtz foam alphabet stamps. A bit of ribbon for the sides of the label and a bow at the top and they're done! I also attached a note to explain what to do. They looked great and my sisters loved them!

I'm yet to decorate my jar but I will share it here when I do. ;)

There's still plenty of time to make your own happiness jar! Give it a go!

~Sarah~

3 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

Totally FAB idea....TFS:):):)

Liza said...

I adore mine Sarah!!! I can't wait to get started!
Love and happiness!
Liza xxx

shirley said...

Great idea Sarah! I have just started Art Journaling/mixed media. Thinking I would like to do an art journal 'project life'. The jar idea would be great for this, as I could just go to the jar for inspiration!
The notes or tickets, etc could be used in the journal :) The pages can be done at any time. I am getting excited now! Off to find a jar.