Thursday, December 13, 2012

Getting Inky Again with Darkroom Door - Part 1.

Whilst I was away from my blog, a lot of stuff happened!

But one of the biggest pieces of news is that I left the Darkroom Door Creative Team. Unfortunately working full time and pressing family commitments meant that I had to give up something I really loved, so it was with a heavy heart that I left the team just over a year ago.

However, I was recently asked to be a guest artist using some of the stamps from their latest release and I was thrilled to get inky again!

Here is a card I made using the new Kombi Photo Stamp:


To create the background I stamped the Darkroom Door Scratched background stamp onto white Specialty Stamping Paper with Tumbled Glass Distress ink. Once dry I sponged over the whole piece with Antique linen distress ink. I then added some Tumbled Glass and Vintage Photo Distress inks around the edges.

The image of the surfer looking out into the sea is a Darkroom Door Photochip from the Seaside collection. I distressed the edges with a distressing tool and adhered it to my background.

I stamped the Kombi stamp using Jet Black Archival Ink onto Specialty Stamping paper. This paper is great for getting clear crisp images from your detailed stamps, or stamps with large sold areas like this Kombi stamp. I coloured the image with Distress markers (Tumbled glass for the Kombi and Pumice Stone for the wheels and bumper bar). I cut the image out and adhered it to the front of my card with double sided foam mounting tape.

I cut "sun, sand, surf" from the Seaside Wordstrip and inked around the edges with Tumbled Glass Distress Ink. I mounted it onto a piece of dusty blue cardstock (the same cardstock that I used for the card base) and adhered it to the front of my card.

I'll come back tomorrow and share some other cards I created using the fabulous Corrugated Iron Background stamp. :)

~Sarah~

1 comment:

Liza said...

I love this! Kombi vans always remind me of summers at the beach, I love the combination of colours, it's fresh and cool like an ocean breeze!