Saturday, December 15, 2012

Oh-Sew Inky Cards.

I just love having fun with my stamps and creating fun, quirky cards.

One of my favourite classes that I taught this year was my "Oh-Sew Inky" cards. I was really happy with how they turned out, and I just loved seeing the faces of my students when they got to play with lots of inky techniques and colour combinations! Some in the class were brand new to that level of inkiness and it was so fun to see them really let go and have fun with it!

Here are my cards:


We used Distress Inks for the backgrounds using a Tim Holtz technique called "Wrinkle Free Distress", and of course lots and lots of stamping!


Stamp brands included Darkroom Door, Dylusions, Catslife Press and Stampers Anonymous.


I chose an orange/yellow/pink combination for my cards, but some students chose other combos and it was fun to see the different creations!


It was these cards that inspired me to create the Mixed Media Christmas Cards that will be featured in tomorrow night's Scrap-it TV Christmas Special! Check back after the show to download a full colour instruction sheet for the cards featured on the special!

~Sarah~

2 comments:

Michelle said...

cute. nice to see you blogging again

Liza said...

There's my birthday card! Love it!